Quote Originally Posted by ottosykora
If the partition is bootable, then a bootmanager has to hide it, this is his job. Yo are not supposed to have more then one active and bootable partition at one time.
It might be nice to know what the partition is, but it's not at all true that it has to be hidden. Knoppix or any version of Linux can boot and be able to read from other bootable partitions on the hard disk just fine. I can certainly boot my Debian system and see all of the Windows partitions including the boot partition just fine. You might have to hide one bootable windows partition from another bootable windows partition but that's about it. (I install lilo to the Linux partition and use SBM to boot the system and avoid Knoppix hard disk installs just to avoid problems like this if anyone wants the details on how my system is configured. And I even have two bootable windows partitions on my C and D drives on my main system and can boot either one of them just by changing which I boot in the BIOS, no hiding and each can read the other just fine with no problems.)