-
Recovery from hacker attack--is it safe to delete files?
Hi, I have got some hidden files that I can't delete from a W2000 Server machine, no matter what I do. I've just booted from a Knoppix disk (v. cool!! can't wait to learn more about Linux.) Anyhoo, please advise regarding safety of deleting these files (basically the bad files are hidden in the recycle bin on each of two drives.)
The machine seems to work okay in W2000, but it has got these rogue files on it that I can't delete. So my questions are:
1. Is it safe to delete these files using Knoppix CD?
2. Does 'root' password mean the NT administrator password?
3. How do I safely mount the drives?
Thanks very much for your help.
Maria.
Similar Threads
-
By haskabab in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-29-2009, 11:29 PM
-
By sepi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-15-2005, 11:37 AM
-
By Mustang64 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 03:06 AM
-
By DimGR in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-22-2004, 06:54 AM
-
By microsoft_sucks in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-04-2003, 05:00 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99