-
Partition problem... HELP!!!!
OK, I know, I should quit IT altogether
... well maybe is not that bad. I installed a new SATA hard drive in my SuSE 9.0 server, then partitioned it with two reiser primary partitions and I selected the mounting points /var and /usr. I did that thinking in expanding the capacity of this two points since they were loaded with files from the web server we run on this machine (it does not have a back up... DON'T ASK!!). Anyway, the OS does start but does not fires up the KDE graphical part (I guess the X server) and gives this error:
INIT: Id "SV" respawning too fast: disabled for 5
After that, I hit enter and can see the log-in pront. I found a Knoppix Disk, put it in and voila, my files are still there in the original hdc3 partition in the /var and /usr folders. So, that is good. I also saw that the new disk does not have anything in the new partitions, they are completely empty. So that explains why when the systems boots it does nothing much because /var and /usr are pointing to these new mounting point and there is nothing in there. So, of course the system cannot do anything. So, Is there anything I can do to fix it? How do I go back to the old partition if I can at all? If I cannot, how do I move /usr and /var to its new partitions? How badly did I screw it up this time? Should I go sit in the corner with the donkey-ears-hat on? 
Please, I really need HELP ASAP!! This is my own personal server with all my homework and personal stuff and I never took the care to back it up. I realize that was a BIG mistake. So, any help would be appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By satimis in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-17-2006, 03:31 AM
-
By BillinBoston in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-19-2005, 06:18 PM
-
By jock in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-15-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By OvA in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-22-2004, 01:03 PM
-
By IBS in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 08:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99

Lot of 50 Samsung PC4 32GB 2400T-R Server RAM Modules
$8499.99