This modem requires proprietary drivers. Do a google for
linux (your modem)
to find them.
Currently trying out Knoppix 3.8.1 My PC has an internal modem on COM3, identified as a Conexant HSF 56K HSFi. I have set this up as the modem for KPPP but when I try to connect I get the report 'modem busy'. I have tried various alternatives, including getting KDE to detect 'unsupported Winmodem', which it does.
Can someone help walk me through this ?
This modem requires proprietary drivers. Do a google for
linux (your modem)
to find them.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
Microsoft Surface Pro 5 Silver 128GB SSD 4gb RAM
$97.97
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
Lenovo IdeaPad S340-15IWL Laptop 15.6" Intel Core i3-8145U 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$126.65
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99
AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 8-Core 16-Thread 4.6GHz Max Boost, 3.8 GHz Base
$170.00
$600.00
Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98