Hey, see my post on the next page. To get the keyboard and other stuff working, try acpi=off at the boot prompt.
Cant help with other stuff
wanger
hey gang,
I just bought myself a brand spanking new dell machine, love it.. but when I tried to boot knoppix 3.8.1 it just didnt work, so I tried it on failsafe, the mouse was super fast, and keyboard wasnt working at all.. so I tossed it away, and tried my 3.7 knoppix.. thats working just fine except for sound (not needed, so dont worry about it) and the fact that it cant detect my HD..
I want to do an HDD install onto this machine, but I havent gotten a chance to partition it yet since qtparted aint working.. it claims it cant find any devices..
WDC WD2500JD-75HBB0
thats the disk drive that comes up under windblows device manager.. any thoughts/ideas?
Hey, see my post on the next page. To get the keyboard and other stuff working, try acpi=off at the boot prompt.
Cant help with other stuff
wanger
Thanks a lot for the post wanger. The acpi=off code fixed both my keyboard and mouse on an Inspiron 1200
No problems Lemmah, glad to be able to help someone else for a change.
wanger

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$144.98
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99
Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00