-
Junior Member
registered user
cannot mount floppy
Hello,
I'm new here in this forum, so this is my first question.
I've took a new hard-disk and installed Knoppix 3.8.1 on this disk.
My problem is: I cannot mount a floppy-disk (same with cdrom).
What I do:
in KDE I click on the icon
I can hear some movements of the head in the floppy-drive
I get a message by KDE:
- cannot execute command
- file:/mnt/floppy does not exist
By switching to a console I can see in /mnt:
lrwxrwxrwx floppy -> /mnt/auto/floppy
and /mnt/auto is empty but I cannot create the directory in there.
What am I doing wrong here?
A link to a FAQ is sufficient.
Thanks.
AugustQ
Similar Threads
-
By plener in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 01:00 AM
-
By SkyHawk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-14-2004, 04:40 AM
-
By akiruss in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 06:42 PM
-
By swingarm in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-18-2003, 07:31 PM
-
By rcook in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2003, 11:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033
$125.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate 2.5" Barracuda 1TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD 2F110A-500
$19.99

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99