-
Can't boot to X and duplicated menu entry
I just installed the 3.8.2 but it can't boot to X, I must manually startx, the inittab has set to run level 5 by default so what's wrong with it ? I also got double entry on the menu, I didn't do anything it was a fresh HD install, of course I can remove it with menu editor but this is quite bad to have to do this with a new install.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Can't boot to X and duplicated menu entry

Originally Posted by
lotech
I just installed the 3.8.2 but it can't boot to X..
Can you start X11 if you boot from the CD?
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/
Similar Threads
-
By dhm in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-07-2008, 09:31 PM
-
By deepak_abc in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 20
Last Post: 08-08-2007, 03:05 AM
-
By krb in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-01-2007, 09:23 AM
-
By Massif in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-05-2006, 06:55 PM
-
By lotech in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-13-2005, 07:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OEM Genuine 42Wh WDX0R For DELL Inspiron WDXOR Battery 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368
$22.99

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511
$28.99

Lot of 10OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 63WH Battery RJ40G M033W - Excellent
$175.00

New Genuine OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 3560 4 Cell Laptop Battery RJ40G M033W
$49.95

OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17
$45.49

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541
$35.78

Lot of 5 Dell OEM 65W 7.4mm 19.5V 3.34A AC Adapters Mixed Models B Grade
$36.99

OEM 74WH 357F9 Battery For Dell Inspiron 15 7559 i7559 7557 i7557 5577 7567 5576
$26.99

NEW OEM Dell Battery Latitude 5430 7330 Rugged Extreme 53.5Wh 11.4V 06JRCP XVJNP
$99.95

NEW OEM Dell Latitude 5330 5430 5530 7330 7430 7530 41W Laptop Batt M69D0 51R71
$104.45