-
Senior Member
registered user
Version 3.2-2003-04-15
Change log:
* V3.2-2003-04-15 (updates)
- New "noaudio" boot option, prevents sound from being probed
- SCSI controllers are now probed in knoppix-autoconfig, if no
"noscsi" option is present.
- OpenOffice update to 1.0.3 (german+english)
- kmahjongg (the old Gnome1 mahjongg got lost in the last update)
- knx-alsa package update (Fabian Franz)
- Removed some orphaned menu entries in KDE
- Added configure-xawtv by Fabian Franz and Kai Lahmann
- Changed default mouse protocol from PS/2 to "auto" for XFree 4.3,
as suggested by Kai Lahmann
-
What are the chances of getting the usbdnet modules in there? I tried compiling them in my self and ended up with a kernel panic. I'm no kernel compiling guru, so I'm seeking the expertise of the community to enable me to communicate between Knoppix and my Zaurus. 
Thanks,
BamaRob
-
How about myconfig=scan by default ?
How about myconfig=scan by default ?
The official word is that is done with F2 to prevent trojans etc. - so it ain't gona happen. So looks like I'm back to a CD / Floppy combo 
Citrix client good
Host AP mode would be nice too
Note: Back in Ireland we do not use US keyboards.
(We also don't have broadband - so it takes a bit of time to get the latest CD - and the internet is much faster with "NoPictures" )
-
Bravo
I don't know everyone behind the development and releasing of these updates but I applaud Stephen, Fabian and Kai. I followed demoLinux for a while but the lack of upgrades got me discouraged. Thanks for renewing my faith in open-source development. Also, thanks for the alsa and English Open Office menus!
Are there any objections to adding a Citrix client? Thanks again.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Bravo

Originally Posted by
thedank
I don't know everyone behind the development and releasing of these updates but I applaud Stephen, Fabian and Kai. I followed demoLinux for a while but the lack of upgrades got me discouraged. Thanks for renewing my faith in open-source development. Also, thanks for the alsa and English Open Office menus!

I can't take credit for any of the developement but I'm sure Klaus, Fabian, Kai and the rest of the people working hard appreciate the support.
Are there any objections to adding a Citrix client? Thanks again.
Probably available space in the ISO.
-
I am working on a script to enable citrix client. Once I have it tested I will post it in the Customize forum.
regards,
Jim
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Version 3.2-2003-04-15

Originally Posted by
Stephen
Change log:
- Added configure-xawtv by Fabian Franz and Kai Lahmann
as suggested by Kai Lahmann
I think that it is not the best idea this script. Selecting system television is fine, but scanning for channels (more than 100 channels) before launching xawtv is very slow and it is not very usefull. It is fast and easy selecting channels with up an down keys and is no need for previous scanning of channels. Scanning for channels should be optional
This script is great for first time xawtv configuration but with knoppix always is the first time if do you not use persistent home.
Thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Version 3.2-2003-04-15

Originally Posted by
oscar

Originally Posted by
Stephen
Change log:
- Added configure-xawtv by Fabian Franz and Kai Lahmann
as suggested by Kai Lahmann
I think that it is not the best idea this script. Selecting system television is fine, but scanning for channels (more than 100 channels) before launching xawtv is very slow and it is not very usefull. It is fast and easy selecting channels with up an down keys and is no need for previous scanning of channels. Scanning for channels should be optional
This script is great for first time xawtv configuration but with knoppix always is the first time if do you not use persistent home.
Thanks
You should file a bug report to have an option and it probably will be added.
-
Senior Member
registered user
¿bug report? ...but it is no a bug, it is only an undesirable behavior for a live-cd...
I suggest to add other link in Multimedia menu, renaming the actual xawtv to xawtv-configure and adding xawtv-start (/usr/bin/xawtv).
thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
oscar
¿bug report? ...but it is no a bug, it is only an undesirable behavior for a live-cd...
If you wish to change the behavior of the CD you are welcome to re-master your own version.
I suggest to add other link in Multimedia menu, renaming the actual xawtv to xawtv-configure and adding xawtv-start (/usr/bin/xawtv).
thanks
And if you do not file a bug against the package the people responsible will never know about your suggestion.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 20
Last Post: 10-26-2003, 06:18 PM
-
By tianhm in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-10-2003, 06:18 AM
-
Replies: 44
Last Post: 09-21-2003, 03:23 AM
-
By tomboc in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 03:59 AM
-
By felipe_lopes in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-16-2003, 03:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book
$37.49

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server DVD English OS Media Kit RHF0382US
$41.30