Originally Posted by Stephen
![]()
Originally Posted by Stephen
![]()
Hmm, if I now start Knoppix with "knoppix alsa" I get a bunch of errors, but can use my sound, OSS only though! My webcam still steals audio.o when I boot in the the normal (autodetect) mode.Originally Posted by Stephen
I'll post the error messages if you think it would help.
It can not hurt the worst that can happen is the maintainer of the package ignores your submission or there is no solution to the problem. How can they fix the problem if they do not know about it?Originally Posted by Henk Poley
There is no problem, at least not for me. And I wasn't booted in Knoppix, so I couldn't see the messages.Originally Posted by Stephen
I just wanted to say that this was wierd behaviour, but got my webcam working together with my soundcard. Been the first time I heard that boot voice, guess it had been there all along?
But anyways, here they are:
Just thought about this, I'll do a " knoppix testcd" . Yup, I checked the MD5 before burning.[..(normal) boot messages..]
Soundcard:
AGP bridge detected.
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-slot-0
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-device-0-0
[..autodetect messages for my nVidia GF4MX400..]
Preparing modules for alsa...
Building card database...
Configuring intel8x0...
Running update-modules...
Setting default volumes...
insmod: Note: /etc/modules.conf is more recent than /lib/modules/extra/modules.dep
insmod: Note: /etc/modules.conf is more recent than /lib/modules/extra/modules.dep
Scanning for Harddisk partitions and creating /etc/fstab... insmod: Note: /etc/modules.conf is more recent than /lib/modules/extra/modules.dep
insmod: Note: /etc/modules.conf is more recent than /lib/modules/extra/modules.dep
insmod: Note: /etc/modules.conf is more recent than /lib/modules/extra/modules.dep
insmod: Note: /etc/modules.conf is more recent than /lib/modules/extra/modules.dep
Done.
Using swap partition /dev/hda10.
Network device eth0 detected, DHCP broadcasting for IP.insmod: Note: /etc/modules.conf is more recent than /lib/modules/extra/modules.dep
(backgrounding)
Automounter started for: floppy cdrom cdrom1
INIT: Entering Runlevel 5
insmod: Note: /etc/modules.conf is more recent than /lib/modules/extra/modules.dep
[..normal X start..]
That's how I know the sound is working.Originally Posted by Henk Poley
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-slot-0
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-device-0-0
I get similar errors alsa does not like my sound card at all.
'testcd' didn't bring up any errors. Simulataniously booted without webcam, same modprobe errors...
Those "errors" are just warnings. You can ignore the more-recent-messages.Originally Posted by Henk Poley
The "Can't locate module sound-slot-0" is before alsa is even started. So you can ignore that too.
I'm sorry, I'm terribly busy atm, but I'll look into this, when I have the time. Uhm, next week ?
cu
Fabian (Author of alsa-support)
Did you create this yet? I took a look in the Customize forum but didn't see anything. I've been able to run Citrix by downloading it and creating an enviornmental variable for $ICAROOT; as the install can't use the default install path I set it to run from /ramdisk/. Recently, however, I've been unable to get Citrix to connect to our servers. I'm not sure if I set it up incorrectly or if something in Knoppix had changed; I didn't take notes the first time I got it to work months ago.Originally Posted by true1ever
I think the ideal condition would be to use a persistent directory (like a USB key drive) - start the Knoppix in scan and have it find the saved config files on the persistent directories for Citrix to start. For Win clients that die here, I can't think of a better way to get them back up on Citrix/Outlook in a bind then to walk over to their machine, plug in a USB key, pop in a Knoppix CD, and voila!
BTW, I recently booted my 'first ever' Knoppix CD again, a late 3.1er. Contrary to the 3.2 version it does state my soundcard there, some C-Media intel8x0 compatible on-board sound.Originally Posted by Henk Poley
btw, with 3.2, booting "knoppix alsa", I still need to use OSS for audio, so there is definately something not working. I'm not sure if ALSA has support for my card anyways.
I'll post the lpci -v output for soundcard when I boot Knoppix, and/or get my Debian/Knoppix hdinstall running again. I've probably posted it already here somewhere, and you could off coarse look it up on some 3.1er version.
I'm an italian user and here i want to do my greats to all staff of Knoppix. I use Linux since 2000 and now, i love knoppix![]()
I'm a journalist and a security expert but i love very much programming. I will develop something also for Knoppix
Coming soon...
Vincenzo 'PuCCiO' Ciaglia
http://www.pucciolab.org

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$144.98
Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95