Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Adding drivers to ISO

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2

    Adding drivers to ISO

    I have created slipstreamed Windows install disc with all my latest SATA/RAID Drivers and the drivers that came with my mobo, works great!
    My question is can I do the same thing by editing the ISO, in other words the knoppix 3.8 doesn't recognize my sound card (Audigy2) or my onboard Gigabit Ethernet or my SATA/RAID setup. I am running the disc now on an older workstation and everything runs nice.
    If I can update Knoppix with the drivers I need which folders(s) would I modify.

    Thanks for any help, this is my first try with Linux and I am hoping to relegate Windows to simply a gaming toy.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Belgrade, YU
    Posts
    334
    You can do that, but you must learn first many things about Linux. At this moment - no. This is not the question of one or two posts with some help, you need beter understanding of basics of Linux. I recomend to your attention http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Main_Page

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2
    I will heed your advice, I'm finding that this is more involved than I thought at first, but I like a new challenge and I'm really sick of the myriad of problem with Windows so I believe it will be worthwhile to learn about Linux

    Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. Adding DiskOnChip drivers to knoppix
    By sumankumar in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 03:59 PM
  2. Adding new drivers during remastering
    By johnxu in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 08:32 AM
  3. Adding Software from another CD
    By stry_cat in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-30-2005, 08:10 PM
  4. Adding to a cd???
    By rrfish72 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 09:25 PM
  5. Adding more ram?
    By Joe999 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2004, 02:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.98