I dunno. Maybe don't launch it at the root prompt? Just last week I use the Kanotix installer to install 3.8.1 & did sudo knoppix-installer & it worked fine. I haven't yet tried 3.8.2.
The latest 3.8.2 replaces the original installer with the Kanotix installer. However, this installer does not seem to work properly. Any time when I launch it at the root prompt, it just freezes and nothing else happen. Any ideas?
I dunno. Maybe don't launch it at the root prompt? Just last week I use the Kanotix installer to install 3.8.1 & did sudo knoppix-installer & it worked fine. I haven't yet tried 3.8.2.
Tks for your suggestion. I'll try again in the afternoon.
No. It doesn't work.![]()
I've installed 3.8.1 on two Dell Latitude laptops by booting into the Konqueror intro from CD, using QTParted to set up a swap partition ( 512MB) and then an Ext3 partiton ( Min 4 GB ?) , committing the changes, then using the Knoppix Root shell to type sudo knoppix-installer . That worked fine for me both times .![]()
My problem is the installer in 3.8.2 does not work. I don't have 3.8.1. My previous Knoppix is 3.7 which works fine.
... and if you enter kanotix-installer ??
No, I enter knoppix-installer. Well, kanotix-installer is a symlink to knoppix-installer. Does it matter?
Please help...

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Gen 2i – i7‑1165G7 – 16GB – No SSD – No AC
$245.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99
LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 512GB SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$250.00
Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI
$144.00
Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14" i5 8365U 16GB NEW 256gb SSD WIN 11 pro CAM WIFI
$249.99