-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks all this forum is very helpful.. I still haven't tried getting my Visor up, I'm still playing around and getting familiar with Linux. Think I will look for a good Linux book this weekend.
Thanks Stephen. I didn't need a boot floppy but I believe I can create one directly from the CD. Not installing LILO sounds good to me. I run XP Pro and my HD is partitioned all NTFS. If I want to install I will use Ghost to image or clone to my backup HD (I do this once a week anyway), reformat, and add a fat16 partition for Linux. would FAT 16 be the way to go? For now I'm just playing. I'm not a convert yet.
I work in a lot of different offices and Knoppix might be a good way to get on someone elses PC, set up my own environment, and not have to install anything or leave any trace. Considering how many Win modems are out there I'll probably have to carry my serial modem with me.
Right now I'm going to search the forum to see if I can find how to get my Rio 900 up in Linux. Eventually I would like to get the right nvidia detonator drivers for my nforce chipset. Also want to know why Knoppix installs drivers called i810 for the nforce audio. Isn't i810 for Intel 810 chipset?
Anyway, I'm getting long winded. Thanks again for the help. I expect I'll be posting again.
Similar Threads
-
By bcdefg in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 12:44 AM
-
By ses101 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-07-2003, 10:52 PM
-
By almala in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-26-2003, 05:53 AM
-
By fourwood in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 06:24 AM
-
By earl92 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 12:32 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99