-
Trying to copy over my user folder from ntfs fs hd.
Here is the situation:
I have a laptop hard drive here which has HPFS/NTFS fs.
Also have the hard drive that i'd like to copy the files/folders from the laptop hard drive over to which is vfat filesystem.
Now i've never come across this problem before but in my gui when i'm looking at the ntfs laptop drive which was mounted obviously ro in the fstab the user folder that I need to copy shows up as a file with a lock on it. When I try to click it I get this message:
You do not have enough permissions to read file:/mnt/hdc1/Documents and Settings/The File
Alright, this is a windows xp hard drive where i'm trying to get to the my documents folder of the user The File. But the permissions are obviously locked up.
How would I go about getting this over to my vfat drive and clearing the permissions so I can then view it as a directory? Or, what do you think is the correct way to get this to work for me?
I've tried
Setting up the captive-ntfs and mounting like so:
mount -t captive-ntfs /dev/hdc1 /mnt/hdc1 -o rw,users,uid=000
And the output of this action was receiving this error: ls: .:Stale NFS file handle
So we see there is also a problem with mounting it as captive-ntfs.
Is there something I should do with dd?
Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank You
Similar Threads
-
By malicej in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-12-2005, 05:07 PM
-
By alex610 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-21-2005, 12:56 PM
-
By MethodMan in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-03-2004, 08:01 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-08-2004, 02:45 AM
-
By rrolsbe in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2003, 06:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$385.00

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95