-
Ok. Tried what you said from terminal and it did ask for my password. It then gave me root permission.However when I type the path: /etc/samba/smb.conf it tells me permission denied. Do I need to reinstall to hard drive since I picked the one that said for begginners. It is not a problem since the machine is 100% for linux? Also I just downloaded 3.8.2. If so what type of instal,l as sudo gave me if I remember 3 or for choices?
Thanks again.
p.s. machine seems to run ok otherwise I am using it to type this message.
Similar Threads
-
By jameshanley39 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-03-2006, 06:58 PM
-
By Sago7 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-04-2004, 04:09 PM
-
By jmpereira in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-07-2003, 11:45 PM
-
By Stephen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-04-2003, 02:53 AM
-
By Guest in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-22-2002, 04:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$125.98

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.26

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00