Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: mounting ISO files as vrtual CD

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    16

    mounting ISO files as vrtual CD

    Hi,

    I am wondering if there are ways I can mount a ISO file and use it ?

    Thinking of merginging multiple livecds without actually burning. Trying out unionfs!

    This will probably make my backups faster !

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    In windows use Daemon tools.
    In linux:
    mount -t iso9660 -o loop,ro,users the_iso_image.iso /some/place/to/mount/it/

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    16
    Oh! Thanks!

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    16
    Opp... actually what I meant was, eg for the knoppix distribution, the is a HUGE 700MB+ file called KNOPPIX.
    Can I load it so that I can see the root filesystems, etc?

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1
    I have also got such a question:
    Could you give me a mount command for mounting an image of a floppy disc?
    Thanks in advance
    Wolfgang Keller

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    16
    I believe the command is similar. Do a search and I am sure u can find it.

    For my case, mounting is not the solution as I still cannot make use of it. The current possible solution is qemu.

Similar Threads

  1. Can't See Any of my Windows Files, Errors Mounting
    By michaelmaxim in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-29-2008, 07:07 PM
  2. Mounting sda
    By newKnoppix in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 07:36 AM
  3. mounting md device
    By laktech in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 10:21 PM
  4. Mounting USB HDD
    By Static_C in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-06-2004, 04:42 PM
  5. CD mounting question
    By Hayabusa in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-18-2003, 01:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.66