Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Help with wireless, ndiswrapper & gcc please

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1

    Help with wireless, ndiswrapper & gcc please

    First post, and could probably go in a few of the different forums but as I've only been using Knoppix since last week I thought the newbie forum was best

    Anyway, I've done a HDD install of 3.8.2 (dual-boot with XP Pro) on my laptop (an Acer TM 800) and most things are going nicely but there are a couple of issues that are really doing my head in. I'm at work as I type (obviously working hard on business related issues ) so I can't copy/paste any errors right now so my terminology might be a little duff.

    1) getting the wireless settings to stick at boot for the Intel 2100 chipset - if I run wavelan all the settings are there (ESSID, WEP key, etc) so I just need to hit enter a few times then same for configuring my network cards and I'm sorted. Where are these settings being retained and how can I get them to stick at boot. It's no biggie just a minor annoyance, at least I have wireless connectivity. I don't know if it's significant but when running off the live CD my wireless card was eth0 but as a HDD install it's not eth2 (I seem to have gained an extra network card somewhere)

    2) I've got a Buffalo 11g cardbus card which I would prefer to use but I'm having ndiswrapper troubles. I load up the driver and get to the point of modprobe nsidwrapper and get told ndiswrapper.ko is missing. It was in 3.8.1 (I think!!) so where's it gone?

    This leads me to the point of trying to install ndiswrapper. Following the instructions at sourceforge I do a 'make distclean' which seems o.k. but when I try 'make' I get an error with something along the lines of gcc-version.sh no such file or folder. Installation of GCC seems fairly more convoluted so before I stumble any further I thought I'd drop in here and see if some kind soul can shed some light any any/all issues.

    Cheers (in anticipation)

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1
    2) I've got a Buffalo 11g cardbus card which I would prefer to use but I'm having ndiswrapper troubles. I load up the driver and get to the point of modprobe nsidwrapper and get told ndiswrapper.ko is missing. It was in 3.8.1 (I think!!) so where's it gone?

    This leads me to the point of trying to install ndiswrapper. Following the instructions at sourceforge I do a 'make distclean' which seems o.k. but when I try 'make' I get an error with something along the lines of gcc-version.sh no such file or folder. Installation of GCC seems fairly more convoluted so before I stumble any further I thought I'd drop in here and see if some kind soul can shed some light any any/all issues.


    I'm having the same issue with ndiswrapper on Knoppix 3.8.2. I'm using an IOGEAR Wireless-G USB 2.0 Flex Adapter.

Similar Threads

  1. Proper way to set up wireless using Ndiswrapper
    By dutchcreek in forum Networking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-04-2007, 04:28 AM
  2. Using NdisWrapper tutorial for wireless net cards wiki
    By joshwolf17 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2006, 07:59 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2006, 07:12 AM
  4. Wireless wlan0/ndiswrapper problem
    By glj12 in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-25-2006, 10:36 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2006, 07:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710

$349.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge R640  8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU picture

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU

$315.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM) picture

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)

$299.95



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99