I want to copy a folder My Documents (/mnt/hda1/Documents and Settings/Alex/My Documents/) to my USB Drive (/mnt/ubb1)
but an error announced that I cound't make folder. What can I do?
I want to copy a folder My Documents (/mnt/hda1/Documents and Settings/Alex/My Documents/) to my USB Drive (/mnt/ubb1)
but an error announced that I cound't make folder. What can I do?
1. Be root.
2. Make sure the USB drive is mounted R/W (' mount ')
Command line:
' cd /mnt/hda1/Documents and Settings/Alex/My Documents/ '
' cp -apRv . /mnt/ubb1 '
--See ' man cp ' for what the flags mean.
Originally Posted by alex610
What does it mean?cp: cannot create regular file `/mnt/uba1/./P1010114.JPG': Read-only file system
It means that nobody can write to the filesystem.
Is it FAT32 ? Post the results of ' fdisk -l '.
Also, try:
' mount /mnt/uba1 -oremount,rw ' == Remount filesystem read/write
Originally Posted by alex610
Thanks. I got it.
But What if my disk is formatted NTFS, how can I install captive-ntfs driver?
alex610,
What if your FS is NTFS ?
OUCH!
What I would do... Copy the folder from a NTFS file system, to a FAT file system, from within Windows... THEN, go into Knoppix, and do the same commands as mentioned above, from the FAT file system folder location ( from the copy made within Windows ), to the location you wanted within Linux.
NTFS is a tricky "bugger" - its proprietary of Windows, and not much support within Windows is working "at best" winthin Linux - your best bet, this is saying without knowing how much work "newly" has been done with NTFS support in Linux, but, best bet is to use FAT for any Linux to Windows, or Windows to Linux, transfers. ( IMHO )
Hope this helps,
Ms. Cuddles

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00