I am converting a PC from Windows to Linux and have done the following ...
1. removed the previously bootable HD
2. set the remaining (previously non-bootable) HD to primary master (in the PC's settings)
3. booted Knoppix 3.7 from CD
4. used the partitioning tool to set up a swap and root partition on the HD (all Windows partitioning removed)
5. installed Knoppix on the HD (here I selected boot LILO from the MBR)
Everything worked OK but the system won't boot from the HD (only from the security floppy that was created during install).
My question here is probably quite straightforward: Should I ...
1. Check/change/add jumpers on the HD? (currently it is set as Master, the factory default)
2. Change something in the boot settings of my PC?
3. Reformat the HD with DOS fdisk and make the HD bootable?
4. Use a particular (bootable) setting when I format the drive using the Qed Partition?
I'm sure that this is a simple question and hope that someone can point me in the right direction so that I don't spend hours going down blind alleys.
Many thanks,
Alan Searle.

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM 02CL197 FLASH SYSTEM 840-900 LITHIUM ION SERVER BATTERY MODULE 990854
$225.00
Lot of 4 IBM 52Y4089 POWER7 CPU Processor Modules Server CPUs
$49.99
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$54.99