-
USB memory stick persistant disk stuck at 96%
HELP trying to create a persistant knoppix image on a USB memory stick, it is 256Mb, and I am using 100 Mb for the disk image section.
WHne I use the menu option to create this, the indicater goes to 96% and just stays there. The process never completes.
Help
-
Junior Member
registered user
I had this happen to me, too. The best I was able to come up with was to create the image file on a FAT32 HD partition (remounted rw), then boot to Windows and copy the image file onto the USB memory stick. Then, booting Knoppix saw the image file on the stick and asked if I wanted to use it. First time, I tried to use Alt-O hot-key, but that just blew past the question box as though I answered in the negative. A Tab to get to the affirmative choice and Enter to select it did the trick.
Similar Threads
-
By k666stw in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-24-2008, 12:25 AM
-
By gerasmus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-19-2006, 09:02 PM
-
By Ming in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-03-2005, 07:37 PM
-
By pjafrombbay in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 06:58 AM
-
By i2hhj in forum Laptops
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 07:57 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Hitachi HUS726060ALA640 6TB 7.2K SATA 3.5 6G HDD Hard Disc Drive
$109.99

Western Digital Purple 1TB 3.5" SATA Internal Surveillance Hard Drive (WD10PURX)
$49.99

Seagate BarraCuda ST5000LM000 5TB 5400RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Hard
$169.99

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99