-
USB memory stick persistant disk stuck at 96%
HELP trying to create a persistant knoppix image on a USB memory stick, it is 256Mb, and I am using 100 Mb for the disk image section.
WHne I use the menu option to create this, the indicater goes to 96% and just stays there. The process never completes.
Help
-
Junior Member
registered user
I had this happen to me, too. The best I was able to come up with was to create the image file on a FAT32 HD partition (remounted rw), then boot to Windows and copy the image file onto the USB memory stick. Then, booting Knoppix saw the image file on the stick and asked if I wanted to use it. First time, I tried to use Alt-O hot-key, but that just blew past the question box as though I answered in the negative. A Tab to get to the affirmative choice and Enter to select it did the trick.
Similar Threads
-
By k666stw in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-24-2008, 12:25 AM
-
By gerasmus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-19-2006, 09:02 PM
-
By Ming in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-03-2005, 07:37 PM
-
By pjafrombbay in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 06:58 AM
-
By i2hhj in forum Laptops
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 07:57 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$714.99

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

X4TTX Dell PERC H730P SATA/SAS PCIe RAID Controller 0X4TTX
$42.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)
$359.00

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50