Hi,
I'm making progress with the Knoppix 3.8.1 installation. I can now
see my systemless hdd on the KDE desktop and a few files left behind
when the disk was wiped.
The 4 Gig hdd shows up as three partitions: hda1, hda5 and hda6. I've
made them writable.
I run knoppix-installer from the console and it tells me the hard disk
is unprepared, and would I like it to partition the disk. I tell it OK,
and up comes:
Warning: Unable to open /UNIONFS/dev/hdc/ read-write (Read-only
file system).
/UNIONFS/dev/hdc has been opened read only.
At the same time, QTParted is launched. It detects my hda partitions and
how much space they contain. It also gives a report on the hdc partition (686 MB).
So...where do I find hdc? Once I've made it writable, will the installer
be able to continue?
Thanks for your advice!
--Bill

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Mellanox 655874-B21 655902-001 QSFP to SFP+ Adapter Kit MAM1Q00A-QSA 00D9678
$13.99
Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00
CISCO SFP-10G-SR V03 10-2415-03 NEW SEALED
$39.99
Cisco Meraki OEM MA-SFP-1GB-LX10 1000Base-LX 1GbE SFP Module 1310nm 10km SMF LC
$95.00