Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Can't Customising Boot Logo

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2

    Can't Customising Boot Logo

    Dear aLL :

    I'm try to customising knoopix boot logo.But can't success.

    I try to copy logo.16 into my home directory.Using :

    #lss16toppm <logo.16> logo.ppm

    It is ok.No any problem.I try to edit the logo by gimp.Everything is fine.

    When i try to using :

    #ppmtolss16 <logo.ppm> logo.16

    There will have a error message : "/usr/bin/ppmtolss16: Input format error 1"

    I try to save logo.ppm to logo.png.Then using :

    #pngtopnm <logo.png> logo.pnm

    it is ok. But When i try to type in :

    #ppmtolss16 <logo.pnm> logo.16

    There will have a error message "/usr/bin/ppmtolss16: Warning: color palette truncated (159 colors ignored)
    256000 pixels, 5271 bytes, (95.88% compression)"

    I doesn't know why! Who can help me to slove the problem?

    Thank you for you taking you times to read this post.Have your like day!

    Raymond Lam

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    I did this 2 weeks ago.
    You might need to create a BMP as an intermediate file type. Then use ImageMagick's convert to convert it from BMP to PPM.
    In gimp I create a 640x400 24bit image. I scale down the color depht to 4 bit=16 colors. Then I save it as a BMP: mylogo.bmp
    At the command line:
    convert -depth 16 mylogo.bmp mylogo.ppm
    Which will result in a PPM: mylogo.ppm. Then I use the ppmtolss16 command:
    ppmtolss16 < mylogo.ppm > mylogo.lss
    Then I rename the old logo.16 to logo-old.16 and then copy mylogo.lss to logo.16

    Let me know if this has helped you.
    Thanks,
    James

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1
    I was having the same problem. Your solution worked for me. Thanks

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderScore
    I did this 2 weeks ago.
    You might need to create a BMP as an intermediate file type. Then use ImageMagick's convert to convert it from BMP to PPM.
    In gimp I create a 640x400 24bit image. I scale down the color depht to 4 bit=16 colors. Then I save it as a BMP: mylogo.bmp
    At the command line:
    convert -depth 16 mylogo.bmp mylogo.ppm
    Which will result in a PPM: mylogo.ppm. Then I use the ppmtolss16 command:
    ppmtolss16 < mylogo.ppm > mylogo.lss
    Then I rename the old logo.16 to logo-old.16 and then copy mylogo.lss to logo.16

    Let me know if this has helped you.
    Thanks,
    James
    To James :

    I will try!Thank You very much!!

    Raymond Lam

Similar Threads

  1. After creating personal logo, text in boot image is too dark
    By artik in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-26-2006, 07:52 PM
  2. Yet Another Script for Customising and Remastering
    By Sergey.Khlutchin in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 05:17 PM
  3. CHECKSUM error after customising iso ..
    By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2004, 09:15 PM
  4. HOWTO: Change the boot logo/screen
    By eadz in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-28-2004, 11:17 PM
  5. Customising K Menu and KDE taskbar
    By Arbiter in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-07-2004, 05:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$36.99



Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A

$49.99



Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot

$119.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD

$29.99



Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5

Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250

$25.99