Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Soulseek

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4

    Soulseek

    Hi all,

    Anyone who succeded in the installation of this wonderfull program?
    I tried to install pyslsk with synaptic and nothing.
    I downloaded de deb package and it gives me the error that I need at least python 2.2 installed. But I have installed both 2.1 and 2.2 installed!

    How can I solve this??

    Thanks

    R

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    I went here: http://www.arrakis.es/~frigola/pyslsk/ and downloaded all three .debs, installed all three and then on the command line entered pyslsk. It works quite nicely. I had never hear of that particular proggie before- thanks.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041
    --Geez, BOTH you guys... For the uninformed around here, what is this prog and what does it DO??

    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
    I went here: http://www.arrakis.es/~frigola/pyslsk/ and downloaded all three .debs, installed all three and then on the command line entered pyslsk. It works quite nicely. I had never hear of that particular proggie before- thanks.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Soulseek is p2p client client with chat capabilities and it is ogg vorbis friendly in that it has file size and bitrate for oggs. I just forwarded a port over for it but have to go find some server lists for it. So much to do..........

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4
    Hi, I saw that page also. I downloaded the debs, but the problem with python continues. It says that I have version 2.1 and I need 2.2. But Knoppix comes with both. Perhaps I have to set any variable to make sure 2.2 is the default?

Similar Threads

  1. Install a soulseek client?
    By Josh83 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-14-2005, 04:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 10 Genuine OEM Apple 87W USB-C Power Adapter A1719 for Macbook Pro picture

Lot of 10 Genuine OEM Apple 87W USB-C Power Adapter A1719 for Macbook Pro

$179.99



Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A picture

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A

$10.99



OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236 picture

OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236

$549.99



Lot of 100 OEM Apple Magsafe 2 45W AC Adapter A1436 with Power Cable - Grade D picture

Lot of 100 OEM Apple Magsafe 2 45W AC Adapter A1436 with Power Cable - Grade D

$339.99



Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"

$14.24



OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466 picture

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466

$19.99



Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM picture

Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM

$17.99



Genuine OEM 61W USB-C Power Adapter Charger For Apple MacBook PRO 13 inch A1718 picture

Genuine OEM 61W USB-C Power Adapter Charger For Apple MacBook PRO 13 inch A1718

$22.00



apple oem cube 5w charger  picture

apple oem cube 5w charger

$6.99



Genuine OEM Apple 70W USB-C Power Adapter picture

Genuine OEM Apple 70W USB-C Power Adapter

$34.99