Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Soulseek

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4

    Soulseek

    Hi all,

    Anyone who succeded in the installation of this wonderfull program?
    I tried to install pyslsk with synaptic and nothing.
    I downloaded de deb package and it gives me the error that I need at least python 2.2 installed. But I have installed both 2.1 and 2.2 installed!

    How can I solve this??

    Thanks

    R

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    I went here: http://www.arrakis.es/~frigola/pyslsk/ and downloaded all three .debs, installed all three and then on the command line entered pyslsk. It works quite nicely. I had never hear of that particular proggie before- thanks.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041
    --Geez, BOTH you guys... For the uninformed around here, what is this prog and what does it DO??

    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
    I went here: http://www.arrakis.es/~frigola/pyslsk/ and downloaded all three .debs, installed all three and then on the command line entered pyslsk. It works quite nicely. I had never hear of that particular proggie before- thanks.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Soulseek is p2p client client with chat capabilities and it is ogg vorbis friendly in that it has file size and bitrate for oggs. I just forwarded a port over for it but have to go find some server lists for it. So much to do..........

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4
    Hi, I saw that page also. I downloaded the debs, but the problem with python continues. It says that I have version 2.1 and I need 2.2. But Knoppix comes with both. Perhaps I have to set any variable to make sure 2.2 is the default?

Similar Threads

  1. Install a soulseek client?
    By Josh83 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-14-2005, 04:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$236.00



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



2 PC Office 2021 Pro replacement drive USB lifetime version picture

2 PC Office 2021 Pro replacement drive USB lifetime version

$55.00



Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick

$165.90