Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Soulseek

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4

    Soulseek

    Hi all,

    Anyone who succeded in the installation of this wonderfull program?
    I tried to install pyslsk with synaptic and nothing.
    I downloaded de deb package and it gives me the error that I need at least python 2.2 installed. But I have installed both 2.1 and 2.2 installed!

    How can I solve this??

    Thanks

    R

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    I went here: http://www.arrakis.es/~frigola/pyslsk/ and downloaded all three .debs, installed all three and then on the command line entered pyslsk. It works quite nicely. I had never hear of that particular proggie before- thanks.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041
    --Geez, BOTH you guys... For the uninformed around here, what is this prog and what does it DO??

    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
    I went here: http://www.arrakis.es/~frigola/pyslsk/ and downloaded all three .debs, installed all three and then on the command line entered pyslsk. It works quite nicely. I had never hear of that particular proggie before- thanks.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Soulseek is p2p client client with chat capabilities and it is ogg vorbis friendly in that it has file size and bitrate for oggs. I just forwarded a port over for it but have to go find some server lists for it. So much to do..........

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4
    Hi, I saw that page also. I downloaded the debs, but the problem with python continues. It says that I have version 2.1 and I need 2.2. But Knoppix comes with both. Perhaps I have to set any variable to make sure 2.2 is the default?

Similar Threads

  1. Install a soulseek client?
    By Josh83 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-14-2005, 04:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1Mb Computer (Model M0001A) picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1Mb Computer (Model M0001A)

$100.00



Vintage Apple M2115 SCSI External Hard Drive for Macintosh POWERS ON picture

Vintage Apple M2115 SCSI External Hard Drive for Macintosh POWERS ON

$119.89



Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video picture

Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video

$225.00



Vintage Mac Publisher Pro PC Software W/ Box picture

Vintage Mac Publisher Pro PC Software W/ Box

$49.99



185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac picture

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac

$90.00



Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read picture

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read

$295.00



Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X picture

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X

$170.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer M0001A complete set picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer M0001A complete set

$400.00



Original 1998 Apple PowerBook G3 Fold-Out Promo Brochure Poster Vintage Mac picture

Original 1998 Apple PowerBook G3 Fold-Out Promo Brochure Poster Vintage Mac

$31.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Performa 6320CD PowerPC & Power Cord picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Performa 6320CD PowerPC & Power Cord

$79.99