Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix 3.8.2 or 3.9

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8

    Knoppix 3.8.2 or 3.9

    Well, isn`t this amazing that I just downloaded knoppix 3.8.2 one week back and now I found a link which shows that 3.9 is out too for download.

    Here is the link

    http://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knoppix/

    So if i download the 3.9 version,will I be able to update the current version or do i need to do complete full fresh installation?

    Thanks

    Lapel

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    30
    I'd first read what's new in the 'new' version. If everything's works on your PC now, why bother? You can download a new kernel yourself, you can download new software, too.

    I would upgrade only if I'd need to.

    (Just checked

    Changes vs. 3.8:

    * OpenOffice 2.0 BETA (german and english)
    * KDE 3.4
    * Kernel 2.6.11 update
    * dist-upgrade (all software packages from current Debian/sid)

    I think I'll just download it just for the kernel update, since I have problems with that now.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8
    Well,will you download the whole iso file or is there any way to just download the kernel? and then how do you update the kernel ,would you please explain the procedure to me?

    I have one problem with current version that my USRobotics 56K Message Modem is not getting configured ( may be I am making some mistake) but any way I like knoppix alot and if downloading the new version gives me any new features I would go for it`s download

    Would you give any other expert opinions please.

    Thanks

    Regards

    Lapel

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6
    3.9 seems to be buggy - see the News forum under 3.9

    I can get two of three machines to run it - but with Fatal Error messages during bootup

    On the third machine it hangs. There is a message "BIOS age fails cutoff" but it seems to get around that then goes into an endless loop with messages about missing data on hdd. The third machine still runs 3.82 (from the CD) and of course Windows finds no faults on the hd

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive picture

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive

$59.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$282.00



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot

$385.00



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99