Hi,
New to linus, and kinda liking it. I have taken my old windows box and performed the following:
1) Reformatted entire hard drive for linux /hda1 is main partition (5gb) /hda2 is swap (500mbs).
2) HDD installed knoppix, followed most of the defaults.
Now find the following:
1) Soundcard doesn't work (ES1371)
2) USB WLAN doesn't work (DWL-122)
In both case I have looked through the various HOWTOs and triend to follow the instructions. In both cases the same small problem seems to be stopping me.
I do not appear to have the Kernel source files installed. Example:
When installing the Linux-WLAN module I run "make config" , answer the questions and then when asked:
Link source directory [/lib/modules/2.6.11/build]:
I accept this and get told linux source tree /lib/modules/2.6.11/build is incomplete or missing.
Can anyone offer help....?
Where should the files be?
What did I do wrong in the installation?
Can I be saved?![]()

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$69.00
Dell Constellation ES.3 ST4000NM0023 4TB 7200 RPM 3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive
$39.99
Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION*
$319.79
HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99
Seagate BarraCuda ST1000DM010 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive
$63.99