-
Half Luck... Woopie... ;)
Hey everyone!
Here’s the problem. I got my Knoppix to work from CD perfectly and decided to install it. I made partitions with Partition Magic (10GB for Linux EXT2, 500MB swap, about 109.5 GB for Windows XP Home), set it all up, made it so the information get saved to MBR.
*Success*
When I restarted Grub .95 showed up with the below:
Debian GNU/Linux kernel 2.6.11 Default
Debian GNU/Linux kernel 2.6.11
Windows 2K/XP/2003 (sda1)
“Knoppix” –Debian now – works except that….
(Problem number one)
1. No internet. I have an adsl SBC Yahoo connection and I’m using a dlink router. How can I set it up? Sorry… I’m a Linux newbie
I have two ethernet cards -- my built-in one doesn't work so I use one on a PCI slot.
Then… I tried booting to Windows. Not so lucky this time. When I choose Windows and boot to it, I get
“autochk program not found” error message
2. That is after about 5-10 seconds of Windows booting. I can see the Windows logo and all… Drivers and hardware seems to boot up (can see lights turning on (from off… duh!) on my Ethernet card. Then… I get a ‘popular’ Windows BSOD (blue screen of death).
Any ideas? I can probably fix Windows just by using my recovery cd but it won't be so easy configuring Debian.
-
I just solved number 2 by unhiding the NTFS partition with my partition magic floppy disks... Woopie.
Now... How can I get Linux to use my aDSL connection? I tried putting in "192.168.0.1" in the browser window, 192.168.0.1 is my routers IP address. Doesn't see the router either.
I also tried running the aDSL PPPoE Linux config but I couldn't do anything from Shell (there was a menu in which you can install, uninstall and configure modules.
Thanks again,
Matt W.
-
Similar Threads
-
By turbine in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-05-2006, 10:50 AM
-
By neighborlee in forum Klik
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-27-2005, 01:41 PM
-
By chris-harry in forum Games
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-30-2005, 11:01 AM
-
By zippix in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-12-2004, 02:23 AM
-
By Davidsa in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 04:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM
$329.99

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM
$184.95

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM
$499.99

Samsung (8X16GB) 128GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA-RE2-12 Registered ECC Memory DDR4
$849.99

Samsung 96GB LPCAMM2 PC5 9600 FE1 E1 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K6LC3CL1-CCV DDR5 Memory
$2150.00

DELL PRECISION 7550 15" i7-10750H 16GB RAM 512GB SSD QUADRO T1000 WINDOWS 11+AC
$355.00

2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17
$3.35