Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Half Luck... Woopie... ;)

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    30

    Half Luck... Woopie... ;)

    Hey everyone!

    Here’s the problem. I got my Knoppix to work from CD perfectly and decided to install it. I made partitions with Partition Magic (10GB for Linux EXT2, 500MB swap, about 109.5 GB for Windows XP Home), set it all up, made it so the information get saved to MBR.

    *Success*

    When I restarted Grub .95 showed up with the below:

    Debian GNU/Linux kernel 2.6.11 Default
    Debian GNU/Linux kernel 2.6.11
    Windows 2K/XP/2003 (sda1)

    “Knoppix” –Debian now – works except that….
    (Problem number one)

    1. No internet. I have an adsl SBC Yahoo connection and I’m using a dlink router. How can I set it up? Sorry… I’m a Linux newbie I have two ethernet cards -- my built-in one doesn't work so I use one on a PCI slot.

    Then… I tried booting to Windows. Not so lucky this time. When I choose Windows and boot to it, I get

    “autochk program not found” error message

    2. That is after about 5-10 seconds of Windows booting. I can see the Windows logo and all… Drivers and hardware seems to boot up (can see lights turning on (from off… duh!) on my Ethernet card. Then… I get a ‘popular’ Windows BSOD (blue screen of death).

    Any ideas? I can probably fix Windows just by using my recovery cd but it won't be so easy configuring Debian.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    30
    I just solved number 2 by unhiding the NTFS partition with my partition magic floppy disks... Woopie.



    Now... How can I get Linux to use my aDSL connection? I tried putting in "192.168.0.1" in the browser window, 192.168.0.1 is my routers IP address. Doesn't see the router either.

    I also tried running the aDSL PPPoE Linux config but I couldn't do anything from Shell (there was a menu in which you can install, uninstall and configure modules.

    Thanks again,
    Matt W.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    30
    Got it all to work!

Similar Threads

  1. Anybody have any luck with kcron?
    By turbine in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-05-2006, 10:50 AM
  2. no luck with klik in pclinuxOS
    By neighborlee in forum Klik
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-27-2005, 01:41 PM
  3. Half Life 2...
    By chris-harry in forum Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 11:01 AM
  4. Any luck with 802.11b wireless pcmcia cards?
    By zippix in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-12-2004, 02:23 AM
  5. Graphics cards - just my luck?
    By Davidsa in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 04:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



AMD Ryzen 7 2700X AM4 Processor- 3.7Ghz/4.3Ghz Boost, 8 Core/16 Thread picture

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X AM4 Processor- 3.7Ghz/4.3Ghz Boost, 8 Core/16 Thread

$125.00



Intel Core Ultra 9 285K 3.70GHz 24 Core SRQD5 24 Thread LGA 1851 picture

Intel Core Ultra 9 285K 3.70GHz 24 Core SRQD5 24 Thread LGA 1851

$435.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor

$14.49



Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor

$27.99



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



AMD Ryzen 5 9600X Processor (Zen 5) 6-Core 3.9GHz AM5 65W Desktop CPU picture

AMD Ryzen 5 9600X Processor (Zen 5) 6-Core 3.9GHz AM5 65W Desktop CPU

$169.99



Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6 picture

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6

$10.99



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00