-
Persistant Home Directory ( How to create on FAT partition )
Hello out there. Im new to this Knoppix operating system.
I require a solution to my problem which is how to create a persistant home directory. I am currently studying a UNIT on UNIX and have been given a copy of Knoppix V3.7.
My PC is a P11, 128M ram, Windows 98. I was having problems getting Knoppix to start. I corrected this by entering "knoppix nodma" . This got me to the GUI.
Problem.
I want to create a persistant home directory so I can save my UNIX Lab files on the hard drive which is formatted with a [ FAT file system ].
Steps I have used ;
1 Kdesktop / Knoppix / Configure / Create Pesistant Home Directory ( click Yes )
2 I Click YES at the next screen
3 I click OK for partition
4 Do you want to use the ENTIRE PARTION ( NO )
Then i get a message you cannot create directory because no MOUNT ????
How do i get this to work on a FAT partition ???
Would appreciate any help, I need to complete my LABS as my exam is in 2 weeks.
Similar Threads
-
By hatmen in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-04-2005, 02:15 AM
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-07-2004, 12:31 AM
-
By orsonjones in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-18-2004, 11:27 PM
-
By turbines in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-21-2004, 07:53 AM
-
By matt2kjones in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-21-2003, 07:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55