-
Persistant Home Directory ( How to create on FAT partition )
Hello out there. Im new to this Knoppix operating system.
I require a solution to my problem which is how to create a persistant home directory. I am currently studying a UNIT on UNIX and have been given a copy of Knoppix V3.7.
My PC is a P11, 128M ram, Windows 98. I was having problems getting Knoppix to start. I corrected this by entering "knoppix nodma" . This got me to the GUI.
Problem.
I want to create a persistant home directory so I can save my UNIX Lab files on the hard drive which is formatted with a [ FAT file system ].
Steps I have used ;
1 Kdesktop / Knoppix / Configure / Create Pesistant Home Directory ( click Yes )
2 I Click YES at the next screen
3 I click OK for partition
4 Do you want to use the ENTIRE PARTION ( NO )
Then i get a message you cannot create directory because no MOUNT ????
How do i get this to work on a FAT partition ???
Would appreciate any help, I need to complete my LABS as my exam is in 2 weeks.
Similar Threads
-
By hatmen in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-04-2005, 02:15 AM
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-07-2004, 12:31 AM
-
By orsonjones in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-18-2004, 11:27 PM
-
By turbines in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-21-2004, 07:53 AM
-
By matt2kjones in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-21-2003, 07:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

WONHOX Vacuum Seal Backpack for Travel with Air Pump XX-Large, A68-beige
$93.82

Desktop Vacuum Cleaner Mini Desk Portable Dust Crumb White
$21.35

MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit
$399.00

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67