Hi,
New to linus, and kinda liking it. I have taken my old windows box and performed the following:
1) Reformatted entire hard drive for linux /hda1 is main partition (5gb) /hda2 is swap (500mbs).
2) HDD installed knoppix, followed most of the defaults.
Now find the following:
1) Soundcard doesn't work (ES1371)
2) USB WLAN doesn't work (DWL-122)
In both case I have looked through the various HOWTOs and triend to follow the instructions. In both cases the same small problem seems to be stopping me.
I do not appear to have the Kernel source files installed. Example:
When installing the Linux-WLAN module I run "make config" , answer the questions and then when asked:
Link source directory [/lib/modules/2.6.11/build]:
I accept this and get told linux source tree /lib/modules/2.6.11/build is incomplete or missing.
Can anyone offer help....?
Where should the files be?
What did I do wrong in the installation?
Can I be saved?![]()

OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17
$45.49
New Genuine OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 3560 4 Cell Laptop Battery RJ40G M033W
$49.95
OEM TVKGH 88Wh Laptop Battery For Dell Latitude 9510 2-in-1 Latitude 9510 9520
$29.43
New Dell OEM Inspiron 15 3511 15.6" Battery 11.25V 41Wh 3467mAh G91J0 MGCM5
$44.95
OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511
$28.99
OEM Genuine 42WH WDX0R WDXOR Battery For Dell Inspiron 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368
$29.79
OEM Genuine 63WH RJ40G Battery For Dell Latitude 5420 5520 Precision 3560 M033W
$31.69
OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541
$35.78
OEM 69KF2 Battery 86Wh For Dell Inspiron 7510 16 Plus 7610 7620 XPS 15 9500 9510
$50.09
NEW OEM V6W33 Battery WV3K8 Dell Inspiron 3510 5510 Latitude 3320 3330 3515
$47.95