-
Knoppix 3.8.1 HDD Install - Where are the Linux source files
Hi,
New to linus, and kinda liking it. I have taken my old windows box and performed the following:
1) Reformatted entire hard drive for linux /hda1 is main partition (5gb) /hda2 is swap (500mbs).
2) HDD installed knoppix, followed most of the defaults.
Now find the following:
1) Soundcard doesn't work (ES1371)
2) USB WLAN doesn't work (DWL-122)
In both case I have looked through the various HOWTOs and triend to follow the instructions. In both cases the same small problem seems to be stopping me.
I do not appear to have the Kernel source files installed. Example:
When installing the Linux-WLAN module I run "make config" , answer the questions and then when asked:
Link source directory [/lib/modules/2.6.11/build]:
I accept this and get told linux source tree /lib/modules/2.6.11/build is incomplete or missing.
Can anyone offer help....?
Where should the files be?
What did I do wrong in the installation?
Can I be saved?
Similar Threads
-
By shearer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-20-2007, 04:37 PM
-
By mmartinez in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-26-2005, 06:47 PM
-
By BillS in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-05-2005, 02:35 PM
-
By Nils_ in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 08:44 PM
-
By john_h in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-05-2003, 11:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$629.99

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM Power S922 9009-22A Power9 DDR4 10GbE 6X SFF Barebone Server
$999.95

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3755 M3 2U Rackmount Server – No Drives or Trays
$150.00

IBM System X3650 M3 Server Xeon E5620 2.4 GHz 16 GB Ram Raid M5015 No OS No HDD
$87.96