-
Can't boot from CD no matter what I do.
Hello everyone,
I hope I am in the right forum for this simple question, if not please give me directions.
I have never used Linux or Knoppix or anything like it, but after reading an article in PC Magazine, I thought I would try it, it seems like the article is an over simplification of how to do it.
I downloaded KNOPPIX_V3.8.1-2005-04-08-EN.iso and have it burned to 1 CD and one DVD. I have changed the boot order in my BIOS to allow booting from the other drives before the SATA HDD.
No matter what I do, I cannot boot from any of these other devices, using the files I found in the zipped version of Knoppix.
On the root of the CD or DVD I have the following files:
AUTORUN
AUTORUN.INF
AUTORUN.BAT
CDROM.ICO
INDEX.HTML
Plus two folders called "Boot" and "Knoppix" NOT on the root of the CD/DVD. The md5 checksums are OK on this file.
What mistake am I making here? I get a message that says " no boot record found " "Insert floppy disc" ( paraphrasing here! ) Am I somehow missing files on the CD?
It would be nice to at least see what Knoppix looks like, even though I may never get as indepth as the rest of you in the forum.
Thank you for your time,
J Tinsby
Similar Threads
-
By Blaah in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00

Apple Macintosh 512K 1MB MacSnap SCSI 128K ROM 800K + 400K Drive Keyboard Mouse
$995.00

Apple Macintosh M0110 Keyboard, TESTED, WORKING; for Mac 128K, 512K, Plus - DW
$71.99

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Keyboard Cable Cord - Apple Macintosh Mac 128K 512K 512Ke Plus
$12.99

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00