-
Well For anyone who has the problem of the 0xAA or 0x0C message from smart boot manager there is likely a problem with the BRAND of disk you are using. The memorex cd-r's had lots of issues booting. I have some other cd-r's that I have no clue what brand they are (Completely blank on both sides) that worked to boot knoppix up. 16x was the slowest my burner would burn too so I hope this helps others. I realized what it was after i noticed I had used an older cd-r to burn the xp professional (w/ sp2) and it worked but the newer one didn't. I only had this problem on the Smartstep 250 laptop from dell.
Thank you all so much for your efforts in resolving this issue!
Similar Threads
-
By pau1knopp in forum General Support
Replies: 42
Last Post: 03-08-2005, 09:26 AM
-
By Mustang64 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-23-2004, 04:53 AM
-
By keava in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 05:24 PM
-
By outlaw in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-04-2003, 10:37 PM
-
By Guest in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-23-2002, 08:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MOS MCS 6502 Ceramic DIP Vintage CPU/Processor Chip ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$2500.00

Vintage AutoCAD 2000i Upgrade Boxed CD & Key Code
$144.45

Vintage Core CL9 Master Universal Remote Control Steve Wozniak (Apple) READ
$988.88

Vintage 90s PC Intel Pentium, cards, no HDD
$80.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Y2K Heritage Brown Leather 17” Laptop Briefcase Business Bag With Strap
$49.95

Large Vintage Oriental Persian Floral Mouse Pad - Red Black Beige Desk Mat
$31.99

RARE NEW RETAIL BOX VINTAGE AST BTC 5140M WINDOWS PS2 KEYBOARD FCC E5XK8M104M10U
$31.95

Vintage Ampex Chip Boards Memory Processor Other
$299.99

LOT of 4 Intel/AMD R80188 80188 R80186 80186 vintage CPU GOLD/Ceramic
$59.99