-
GERMAN!!!
Hey everyone,
1) I'm writing this from my Windows XP since I can't get internet to work in Linux --HD Install--... Why?
Because when I try to configure my network card it displays everything in GERMAN! (Or maybe some other language that I can't speak in.. I'm pretty sure it's German though). The tricky part = everything else is in English except shell and that network config thing. So... I tried setting up the languages in the Control Panel and found the root-protected options for changing the language. Changed it to English. I also ran the desktop wizard and it prompted me in German. Changed it to English. Guess what? Network config (and shell) is still in German. Not exactly with shell - some of prompts there prompt me in English... And some in German. What the fudge? I also tried changing both to another language I can speak in (Polish) but no luck. Ah... It was in English yesterday!
2. How do I install [ethernet] drivers in Linux?
3. This goes to number one. Couple hours ago when I guessed in all the network config prompts and got the internet to work, I restarted my PC. The configuration did not get saved. I did the same thing again... It looks like it doesn't remember how to connect to my router (the configuration!)... How can I save it?
I'm running the latest version of Linux/Debian with / dual boout with Windows XP Home.
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By chaosnine in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-03-2017, 08:53 PM
-
By ranker in forum General Support
Replies: 29
Last Post: 11-16-2006, 12:15 PM
-
By crispyleaf in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 01:49 PM
-
By metroidprime13 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:14 PM
-
By PeterFr in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-23-2003, 04:50 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00