149047,

Not really sure bout the program you speak of, never worked on "creating" 3D, just playing the games, and having the speed...

But, if you have a good, even nice, video card, average processor with the speed, a average amount of memory ( both on the motherboard, and on a video card ), I would say... Knoppix, Kanotix, and "Linux" as a whole, can burn the living heck out of any Windows OS.

I have an AMD64 w/ 1 GB of memory, a NVidia GeForce w/ 128 MB of memory, and have the 3D acceleration enabled within the kernel, and I get around 1000 plus FPS. On my other system, a AMD ( not 64 bit ) 1.7 GHz, with a NVidia GeForce, main memory is only 512 MB, video has the same 128 MB, and I get around 500 plus FPS. I dont think I ever got that good with any Windows OS.

As for running any "Windows" program within Linux, it can be done, and from the stories I have heard, many "Windows" programs run faster in Linux than they do in Windows. If the program doesnt require DirectX you can use Wine ( Windows Is Not Emulated ), usually comes standard in Knoppix. If the program DOES require DirectX support, then try a program called calega - its produced by a company and web site called "Trans-Gaming" - they provide a version of "Wine" that includes the "DirectX" drivers. ( Calega does cost something though, even if its pennies on the dollar, whereas, Wine is totally free )

Hope this helps,
Ms. Cuddles