-
Damn blinking "_" ...
Hi everybody, after a lot of lurking, here I am asking some advice on a problem...
The scenario:
- a medion notebook with 40 Gb of hd space.
- 1 logical NTFS partition (2.5Gb) to boot win xp
- 1 extended partition, subdivided in 1 ext3+1swap for linux and 3 fat32 for win. The ext3 partition is below the 1024 cylinders limit, since I cannot set the lba options in the bios.
- I can run any flavour of knoppix without any problem from cd. I just have some problems with the wifi card, for wich I need to install every time additional drivers. So I thought of installing knoppix to hd to solve this problem.
Now, I've chosen to install grub on the /root partition, not on the mbr. I then followed this procedure:
Code:
Run the following command: dd if=/dev/hda2 of=/mnt/floppy/linux.bin bs=512 count=1
Copy the linux.bin file to C:\
Edit C:\boot.ini
Add the following line at the end: c:\linux.bin="Linux"
Well, that done I reboot, choose Linux from the list and the screen becomes black, and the only thing I see is a blinking "_" ... At this point all I can do is rebooting to windows.
Any advice on this ?
Thank you in advance ...
Similar Threads
-
By tmp000 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 25
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 05:29 AM
-
By oman in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 06:44 PM
-
By oreo in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00

ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks
$199.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT
$329.95