In Knoppix 3.2 the XINE player is installed....and works great to play multimedia files.
I wanted to boot on my CDRW and then play a DVD on my DVD-ROM drive...but no luck. libdvd not installed.
Any chance this was just an oversight?
In Knoppix 3.2 the XINE player is installed....and works great to play multimedia files.
I wanted to boot on my CDRW and then play a DVD on my DVD-ROM drive...but no luck. libdvd not installed.
Any chance this was just an oversight?
Not an oversight.
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqUsing
I believe (but I am not certain) that libdvdcss was not included in the distro due to licensing restrictions. This is not to say that you cannot make your own customized version of Knoppix that includes libdvdcss.
If you're intersted in a bootable cd that will allow you to play dvd's you might find this interesting:
http://movix.sourceforge.net/
LinuxConsole will also do this.
http://www.linuxconsole.tuxfamily.org

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Processor Six Core 3.4GHz CPU
$39.99
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99