Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Kernal panic

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9

    Kernal panic

    I have tried everything and I still cannot get the cd to boot. Every cheat code I use the result it always the same. I hit enter the screen goes to the penguin says initalizing, runs through a bunch of stuff, only to stop and hang at the last line. That reads Kernal panic not syncing attempt to kill init. I have an AMD 64 3000 processor with 1gig of mem running win xp pro on a ntfs file system. The Knoppix file passes the checksums. I have burned 2 dvd's and one cd with the same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    260
    You say you've tried the cheatcodes-have you tried "expert" and then gone through the loading of modules and services?
    Sometimes that will pinpoint what exactly is causing knoppix to fail. When you find the exact palce where it fails you can cpoy and paste the output or google it.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    376

    Re: Kernal panic

    Quote Originally Posted by lbenn
    I have tried everything and I still cannot get the cd to boot. Every cheat code I use the result it always the same. I hit enter the screen goes to the penguin says initalizing, runs through a bunch of stuff, only to stop and hang at the last line. That reads Kernal panic not syncing attempt to kill init. I have an AMD 64 3000 processor with 1gig of mem running win xp pro on a ntfs file system. The Knoppix file passes the checksums. I have burned 2 dvd's and one cd with the same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Try these in succession:
    1) boot: knoppix -b
    2) boot: knoppix -b pnpbios=off acpi=off
    3) boot: knoppix -b pnpbios=off acpi=off noapic noagp noapm nodma nomce nofirewire nopcmcia noscsi nousb nosmp noaudio
    4) boot: knoppix init=/bin/bash pnpbios=off acpi=off noapic noagp noapm nodma nomce nofirewire nopcmcia

    Did any of the above work?

    Regards,
    - Robert
    http://www.cwelug.org

Similar Threads

  1. Kernal panic
    By st_moose in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2006, 06:20 PM
  2. Kernal panic help
    By Vamps in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-19-2006, 09:23 AM
  3. Kernal panic error -- won't boot! Please help..
    By ChillyWilly in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-23-2004, 06:42 PM
  4. 2.6 Kernal
    By zentu in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-10-2004, 09:16 PM
  5. Nomce Kernal panic
    By scottb908 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-05-2004, 11:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Commodore 128 -Tested-As Is No Cables, console only -READ DESCRIPTION picture

Vintage Commodore 128 -Tested-As Is No Cables, console only -READ DESCRIPTION

$165.00



BitBinders 1581DV Dual 3.5

BitBinders 1581DV Dual 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive for Commodore 8-Bit Computers READ

$429.00



1980's Commodore VIC - 20 Computer with Original Box and Manuals POWERS ON picture

1980's Commodore VIC - 20 Computer with Original Box and Manuals POWERS ON

$99.95



 Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128  picture

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128

$79.99



Commodore SX-64 Personal Computer picture

Commodore SX-64 Personal Computer

$600.00



Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA picture

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA

$10.49



Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller picture

Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller

$29.99



SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800

$59.99



TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded picture

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded

$89.50



Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW picture

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW

$11.99