Hey I'm currently working on a remasterd knoppix cd.
All is going well but I cant set a root password if I do set passwd then it does nothing.
Can sombody help me.?????[/b]
Hey I'm currently working on a remasterd knoppix cd.
All is going well but I cant set a root password if I do set passwd then it does nothing.
Can sombody help me.?????[/b]
When you're in the chroot environment, just type "passwd" and follow the instructions.
this does not work?????
when I remaster I still don't have to give a password
Hmm, I did it just the other day to set a root password for the parallelknoppix remaster. Can you describe what you're doing in more detail. I'm talking about remastering after having copied the source to HD, and doing a chroot from my normal Debian installation. I'm not familiar with the other methods.
I found a sollution. I just disable su and sudo. with a startup script so the users of my kiosk can no tgo in te root
but thanks for the effort mcreel
I have the same problem:
Whatever I do, I dont need a password to be root; I only need to type "su".
I tried:
chmod 0 su
but it blocks at start
or
I tried to disable knoppix in /etc/sudoers
but then some applications doesn't work because they need root.
I found a half-solution:
I modified /etc/profile. Icommented this line (the last one in the file):
#alias su="sudo su"
Now if I type "su", I need a password.
But if I type "sudo su", I don't need it anymore.
>> I tried to disable knoppix in /etc/sudoers
use that file to define what you want "knoppix" to have access to . (man sudo)

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Seagate BarraCuda 28TB 7.2K SATA 6Gb/s 3.5in Internal HDD ST28000DM000 - Tested
$670.00
Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99
Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00
Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$329.00
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95