-
I have the same problem:
Whatever I do, I dont need a password to be root; I only need to type "su".
I tried:
chmod 0 su
but it blocks at start
or
I tried to disable knoppix in /etc/sudoers
but then some applications doesn't work because they need root.
I found a half-solution:
I modified /etc/profile. Icommented this line (the last one in the file):
#alias su="sudo su"
Now if I type "su", I need a password.
But if I type "sudo su", I don't need it anymore.
Similar Threads
-
By DRYICE in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-18-2006, 02:06 AM
-
By swen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-26-2005, 03:18 AM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 12:48 AM
-
By CyberShadow in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-05-2004, 06:49 AM
-
By VBgod in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-13-2003, 10:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 500GB NVMe | 3TB HDD
$799.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell Constellation ES.3 3TB Enterprise-class Hard Drive (Wiped & Tested)
$39.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00