-
A bit hairy
Ok, NTFS read/write questions are probably getting old here, but this one is a bit different.
In short, I have no access to XP (hda1), which is in NTFS. It's startup files are corrupt beyond repair, and I'm attempting to access it using Knoppix 3.8 and copy over the files from there onto my external USB HD. I havn't had any luck so far dealing with read/write permissions, but there has to be something I'm missing.
And if there isn't, what other solutions are there? Would formatting my USB HD in FAT32 help at all? Are there easier ways of transporting 15+ gigs of data than through Knoppix/USB HD? I can't change the file system on XP, but there has to be other ways.
And I still don't have a definative answer whether Knoppix 3.8 can write fully on NTFS or whether it can only replace equal amounts of info.
Any and all answers are appreciated.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$125.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00

Sophos SG 115 rev.3 Firewall Security Appliance SG1153BAEUS + OPNsense
$85.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$219.99

Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance
$20.25

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99