-
A bit hairy
Ok, NTFS read/write questions are probably getting old here, but this one is a bit different.
In short, I have no access to XP (hda1), which is in NTFS. It's startup files are corrupt beyond repair, and I'm attempting to access it using Knoppix 3.8 and copy over the files from there onto my external USB HD. I havn't had any luck so far dealing with read/write permissions, but there has to be something I'm missing.
And if there isn't, what other solutions are there? Would formatting my USB HD in FAT32 help at all? Are there easier ways of transporting 15+ gigs of data than through Knoppix/USB HD? I can't change the file system on XP, but there has to be other ways.
And I still don't have a definative answer whether Knoppix 3.8 can write fully on NTFS or whether it can only replace equal amounts of info.
Any and all answers are appreciated.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab S11 Ultra SM-X930 - 256GB, Wi-Fi, 14.6" - Gray /Open Box
$869.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77