-
Hardware problems
I have the idea my hardware is faulty, when I got this pc the videocard was already not working.
I installed a geforce 4200 and when I boot knoppix some words arent displayed correctly and there are some weird lines all over the screen.
What could be wrong with my hardware??
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
thats not really what I meant, Im realy thinking I have bad hardware, but could bad hardware cause this problem?
-
Probably due to the generic nvidia driver not being very good. The one from nvidia is a lot better. There are plenty of howto's on nvidia if you google or search this forum.
-
I think it is the bios, because even when booting there are some abnormal lines there...I think my pc is f**ked
-
If it's a PCI card try changing the slot.
Look at the video options in the bios and try a bios update.
If video has never worked on the pc perhaps the mobo really has a hardware fault. What mobo and bios version?
-
I think im going to return the pc as the vidcard is also broken
.
And I tried an agp slot the pci slot and the express slot and all of them give those stripes.
Similar Threads
-
By Greg Neatwork in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-29-2007, 09:53 AM
-
By tricky in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 23
Last Post: 07-19-2005, 03:47 PM
-
By fmarzocca in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 08:56 AM
-
By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By iconfly in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-03-2003, 07:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM
$286.00

G.Skill Trident Z Neo 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4-3600 RAM F4-3600C18Q-128GTZN
$639.99

Lot of 45 Assorted DDR3 16GB DIMM ECC RAM Memory Modules 1000s MHz
$674.99

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3600 PC4-28800 DIMM White
$75.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00