-
how do I swich of ip backgrounding????
Hey
I hope somebody can help me with my problem. I need to switch of the IP backgrounding in /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig
but I can't see where I need to do this.
# Fat-Client-Version: DHCP Broadcast for IP address
if checkbootparam "nodhcp"; then
echo " ${BLUE}Skipping DHCP broadcast/network detection as requested on boot co
mmandline.${NORMAL}"
else
NETDEVICES="$(awk -F: '/eth.
tr.:/{print $1}' /proc/net/dev 2>/dev/null)"
for DEVICE in $NETDEVICES
do
echo -n "${GREEN}Network device ${MAGENTA}$DEVICE${GREEN} detected, DHCP broadc
asting for IP.${NORMAL}"
trap 2 3 11
ifconfig $DEVICE up >/dev/null 2>&1 ; pump -i $DEVICE >/dev/null 2>&1 &
trap "" 2 3 11
sleep 1
echo " ${BLUE}(Backgrounding)${NORMAL}"
done
fi
also can sombody tell me what trap "" 2 3 11 does????
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working
$22.99

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor
$250.00

Vintage apple clock and time card 1984 timemaster 11 H.O. Never tested
$79.00

Kineses PS/2 Keyboard to Macintosh Adapter Converter Vintage Interface Apple
$60.00

Vintage Apple Controller Card 820-0427-A Printed Circuit Board PCB Assembly
$47.50

Vintage Apple IIe Computer A2S2064 (Powers On Untested For Parts/repair)
$249.99

Apple Computer cards Super Serial SCSI AST -Orange Micro ++ Vintage 1980's
$169.00

Vintage Apple Power Macintosh 7600/132 Desktop Computer Parts Repair Untested
$52.00

Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used.
$199.99

Vintage Apple Macintosh M1212 Color Display Monitor *Untested*
$69.99