-
Junior Member
registered user
Keeping users across fresh install
I'm switching from another Debian based distro. My 40G master hdd is partitioned as a 5G / and a 35G /home. How can I ensure that when I install knoppix to the / partition, the created user is the same as the one on /home (has the same user and group ids) and that /home is mounted properly etc? (I'm downloading the iso now so I can't check what options are inthe installer.)
-
Junior Member
registered user
To answer my own question, no. I'd hoped the install script would be more sophisticated but it seems to actually worse than the one on my old 3.4 cd. Perhaps Klaus will incorporate the Debian installer at some point.
Similar Threads
-
By mr__ed in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 07:37 AM
-
By lwsimon in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 02:31 PM
-
By JoeBWan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-13-2004, 08:35 PM
-
By nishtya in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-17-2004, 05:00 PM
-
By steingra in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 01:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99