-
Problems recognizing soundcard
I'm having a problem getting Knoppix 3.8.1 to recognize my soundcard. I have a Turtle Beach Montego Bay 2. I had the same problem when using the LiveCD in another machine with a Creative Audigy Pro. On boot I noticed it couldn't load the kernal. When I try to manually config, I get message:
"**Sound server informational message:
Error while initializing the sound driver:
device /dev/dsp can't be opened (No such device)
The sound server will continue, using the null output device.***".
How can I resolve this?
Thanks
-
you can post an
lspci
so we can try to help you
-
"you can post an
lspci
so we can try to help you"
Fine.
What's an "lspci"?
-
that would be a command prompt window and a dos prompt command
go
ctl-alt-f4 and log in
that's a dos prompt
do
lspci
that shows your hardware
do it
lspci > ls.txt
then you can paste us the contents of ls.txt
-
Junior Member
registered user
SoundCard...
I don't know about the last guy, but here is mine. I would like some assistance too...
---- ls.txt ----
0000:00:00.0 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8753 [P4X266 AGP] (rev 01)
0000:00:01.0 PCI bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8633 [Apollo Pro266 AGP]
0000:00:10.0 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 80)
0000:00:10.1 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 80)
0000:00:10.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 80)
0000:00:10.3 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB 2.0 (rev 82)
0000:00:11.0 ISA bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8235 ISA Bridge
0000:00:11.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C586A/B/VT82C686/A/B/VT823x/A/C PIPC Bus Master IDE (rev 06)
0000:00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 50)
0000:00:12.0 Ethernet controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6102 [Rhine-II] (rev 74)
0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Matrox Graphics, Inc. MGA G100 [Productiva] AGP (rev 02)
-
Junior Member
registered user
By the way..
That's with a HDD install. Thanks !
Scott
Similar Threads
-
By lucas91 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-17-2006, 05:24 AM
-
By lvraab in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 08:50 PM
-
By Randy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2005, 07:36 PM
-
By aquaxpillx108 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 08:24 PM
-
By empro in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-12-2004, 09:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

Lot of 18 Mixed Brands PC4 32GB 2400T-R Server RAM
$2879.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Lot of 50 Micron PC4 32GB 2400T-R Server RAM - Used
$8499.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$289.80

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55