Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Recovering data from NTFS hard drive with Unicode filenames

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1

    Recovering data from NTFS hard drive with Unicode filenames

    Hi

    Sorry for the Linux newbie question. I have a problem I need help with:

    How do you read a NTFS partition with Unicode filenames - they're in Korean? Right now, they don't show up at all.

    What happened was my Windows XP registry has been horirbly corrupted such that I ended up buying another hard drive to copy the data off from the old hard drive onto the new one. Both hard drives are formatted under NTFS and are Serial ATA hard drives. The old hard drive is a one 76G partition while the new hard drive is 2 partitions: 20G and 130G.

    Someone suggested using Knoppix and I find when I boot v3.7, I can access see both hard drives, including the data from the old hard drive. Filenames in English are visible and viewable. But filenames in Korean don't appear at all. I'm guessing the mount is wrong and I need a specific command which I can't figure out.

    Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    80
    You might find something here..
    http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/info/ntfs.html
    mvh

Similar Threads

  1. Hard drive / data recovery / force show drive
    By Lintu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-20-2005, 06:13 PM
  2. Captive NTFS on Knoppix 3.6 and WInXP / NTFS hard drive
    By itaydagani in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-02-2005, 12:53 AM
  3. Recovering data from NTFS partition ! Help
    By doktor in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2003, 06:54 AM
  4. trouble viewing data in NTFS drive
    By icarus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2003, 01:46 PM
  5. HOW-TO set NTFS Unicode support?
    By mb2263 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2003, 09:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HYNIX 64GB (1X64GB) 2RX4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SERVER MEMORY picture

HYNIX 64GB (1X64GB) 2RX4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SERVER MEMORY

$600.00



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



SK hynix 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 SDRAM PC4-2133P 288-Pin DIMM HMA41GU7AFR8N-TF picture

SK hynix 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 SDRAM PC4-2133P 288-Pin DIMM HMA41GU7AFR8N-TF

$65.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$288.19



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



32GB Micron MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2E2UI PC4-3200AA-RB2-12 DDR4 Server Memory | Tested picture

32GB Micron MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2E2UI PC4-3200AA-RB2-12 DDR4 Server Memory | Tested

$435.00



Nanya NT32GA72D4NFX3K-JR 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA K25 DDR4 RDIMM RAM Server Memory picture

Nanya NT32GA72D4NFX3K-JR 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA K25 DDR4 RDIMM RAM Server Memory

$199.99



Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB picture

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB

$124.95



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00