Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Hardware problems

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4

    Hardware problems

    I have the idea my hardware is faulty, when I got this pc the videocard was already not working.
    I installed a geforce 4200 and when I boot knoppix some words arent displayed correctly and there are some weird lines all over the screen.
    What could be wrong with my hardware??

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Belgrade, YU
    Posts
    334

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4
    thats not really what I meant, Im realy thinking I have bad hardware, but could bad hardware cause this problem?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Probably due to the generic nvidia driver not being very good. The one from nvidia is a lot better. There are plenty of howto's on nvidia if you google or search this forum.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4
    I think it is the bios, because even when booting there are some abnormal lines there...I think my pc is f**ked

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    If it's a PCI card try changing the slot.
    Look at the video options in the bios and try a bios update.
    If video has never worked on the pc perhaps the mobo really has a hardware fault. What mobo and bios version?

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4
    I think im going to return the pc as the vidcard is also broken .
    And I tried an agp slot the pci slot and the express slot and all of them give those stripes.

Similar Threads

  1. various problems with hardware detection and booting from HD
    By Greg Neatwork in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 09:53 AM
  2. USB Hardware detection problems
    By tricky in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 03:47 PM
  3. Lotta hardware problems!
    By fmarzocca in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 08:56 AM
  4. Knoppix Problems or Hardware Problems
    By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
  5. Knoppix for testing hardware problems.
    By iconfly in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-03-2003, 07:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black picture

Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black

$44.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120 picture

5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120

$999.00



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included

$27.99